YOHEI'S CHRONICLE

The place where I place my happenings in life, some useless shits, political, philosophical(?) views. And yes, rantings too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Oceania

Thursday, August 31, 2006

The day I depart to Aussie Land

26th June '06

I always tend to do things last minute. When I was about to leave Singapore for Melbourne, I was doing shopping on that same day, buying things I thought would be necessary, which I should have done few days ago. If not for my mom’s nagging, I may not have started packing 3 days ago. But thanks to her, most of my packing was done, and with my last minute shopping of stationeries and stuffs, I am ready to go.

So my family has prepared last banquet for me before my departure, my mom prepared a sukiyaki. But I came home slightly late, so they started first before me. Nevertheless, I got to eat a tasty wagyu (Japanese beef), and savoured my mom’s dish for the last time in a long while.

On that same night I’m departing to Melbourne, my mom and my sister Mari were flying to Sydney as well. After a few days in Sydney they would come over to Melbourne to see me.

When we were about to depart, Brian came and fetched us. He generously drove us to Changi airport, saving us great deal of time and expense.

Once we reached airport we immediately checked in, and made our way to the entrance gates. Momo and Brian saw us out; poor Momo was to spend the rest of a week herself alone, we left her in good hands of Brian to send her back home.

My departure time was getting close, so I had to hurry. Before I made my way to my gate, my mom gave me additional pocket money, given from my ever generous uncle Shun-chan. I said goodbye to my mom and Mari, and as I left them I felt a surge of mixed feeling of excitement and anxiety, for I was about to fly to a foreign land, all on my own, spend the rest 3 years there…

1 Comments:

Blogger daigongen said...

Oooh, you little rascal. Good to see you here!
Hows things in adelaide man, it is still cold in melb.

So far so good down here.Tell me if you got any blog or something.

Cheers!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home