YOHEI'S CHRONICLE

The place where I place my happenings in life, some useless shits, political, philosophical(?) views. And yes, rantings too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore, Oceania

Saturday, May 14, 2005

Just watched the movie with my sis and mom

This evening I watched a Japanese movie in cineleisure, with my mother and Momo.

The title of the movie was 'Last Quarter'. My sis had been very thrilled to watch this one, because one of the main actor was Hyde, the vocal of the Japanese rock band 'Larc~en~ciel', who is the favourite among my two sisters. Momo also told me that this movie was based on story of the manga drawn by Ai Yazawa.

We were 15 mins late for the movie, for we left the house late, but it thankfully we didn't lose so much as to lose track of the storyline.

At the first part of the movie, I found the show quite lame and there were various parts that looked so stupid the audience laughed even though it wasn't mend to be funny. There were times I fought the urge to shout "Damn, this is a crap!" and walk out from the theatre. Other movies as bad as this I can think of were 'Andromeda' ( the one where they show Speed and Da Pump members). Ju-On was almost as bad, but at least it was scary enough to remain out of my list of 'the worst movie ever'.

The main character played by Hyde was a cool guy with visual make-up of a rock star, and guess what the character's name was Adam. That is actually one of my many alias. The moment Adam said his name, I could hear a muffled laughter from my mother and sister's side. They must have found a huge gap between Adam in the movie and me funny.

As the movie progressed, I found that movie was not a horror movie but actually just a love and romance. At the middle part, the plot had a twist that managed to keep me interested to watch it till the last.

I would rate this movie 4/10, this might be a good story in manga, but doesn't really have any worth as a movie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home